Ben Anderson wrote:
I'm trying to work on optimizing my kernel. When I am configuring the kernel I see Athlon XP listed as one of the processor options. I have an Athlon 1.2 GHz. I don't believe this is considered Athlon XP. Does anyone know if I should Athlon XP for my processor ?

It's possible. The first XPs (as far as I remember anyway) were the '1300+' (about 1.1GHz) and the '1400+', which had a clockspeed of 1.2GHz. However, there was also a regular 1.2GHz, so you could have one of those...

You can check by doing 'grep Athlon /proc/cpuinfo' -- my 1700+XP shows:

model name : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1700+

HTH,
--
Ciaran McCreesh