On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 07:38:24 -0700
Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>    I have seen this 'blocks' thing a bunch recently. Is this a problem?
> What is emerge telling me? That I cannot emerge this program?
>
>    I have not been following any discussions in this area on the list.
> Do I need to fix something?

[snip]

> These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
>
> Calculating dependencies ...done!
> [blocks B     ] <dev-perl/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.05-r6 (from pkg
> dev-lang/perl-5.8.0-r12)
> [ebuild     U ] dev-lang/perl-5.8.0-r12 [5.8.0-r11]

Mark, check out this week's GWN:
http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gwn/20030728-newsletter.xml

The long and short of it is that due to changes in the way modules are
handled with Perl, some modules need to be remerged.  Well, some module
might not be needed separately at all.  So, unmerge ExtUtils-MakeMaker
and all will be well.  Check out the GWN for details.

Cheers,