hi dmitry,
please see inline.

Dmitry  Suzdalev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hello!
>
> I was thinking about changing my mail agent from KMail to Gnus :). Just want
> to give it a try.
excellent !
yes. please take a look at the gnus faq at : http://my.gnus.org/FAQ/

> Second: do I have to have emacs installed for getting Gnus to work? I saw that
> there is Gnus ebuild -- is it standalone? Is it graphical or console
> version?
yes. gnus is just like any other elisp code that you would end up
writing. normally, when you emerge emacs, you should get gnus as
well. i don't think that it's the latest version of gnus
i.e. 5.10.2. but i am not sure.

> Third: Do I need to know Lisp very well to use Gnus? (I don't use Emacs in my
> everyday work -- I'm in love with ViM).
nope. initial configuring is pretty straightforward. please look at
http://my.gnus.org for more details.

kind regards
anupam

> Thanks in advance for your answers.
>
> Dmitry.
> --
> WinErr: 678 This was the last level in Windows. Do you want to play another
> game?

...mathematicians do it smoothly and continuously or discretely in groups and in
fields.