Le 07/29/03 Dmitry  Suzdalev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit notamment:

> Hello!
>
> I was thinking about changing my mail agent from KMail to Gnus :). Just want
> to give it a try.

Good idea!

> Well, I have several questions.  First of all -- can I transfer all my
> mail (in Maildir format) from Kmail to Gnus?

procmail can do it

> Second: do I have to have emacs installed for getting Gnus to work?

Gnus is designed for reading and writing mail within
emacs.

> I saw that there is Gnus ebuild -- is it standalone?

Gnus comes with emacs or xemacs; if you want a recent version you can
install the gnus package in app-xemacs, or the ognus package in
app-emacs.

> Is it graphical or console version?

 within emacs it is console or graphical depending on wether you run
emacs console or graphical

> Third: Do I need to know Lisp very well to use Gnus?  (I don't use Emacs
> in my everyday work -- I'm in love with ViM).

No, you need lisp only to add new functions, but there is a lot of them
ready to use

--
Jean Magnan de Bornier
3 Cours Victor Hugo, 13980 Alleins   France