> If the kernel headers are updated, say from 2.4.18 to 2.4.19-r1, as is
> my case, do I need to rebuild glibc, or anything, to avoid
> unpleasantness?

That should not be necessary, I assume whoever was responsible for that
will have tested it thoroughly.

The problems you may percieve are not with glibc per-se  (it doesn't
matter what kernel it has or whatelse) but with possible inconsistencies
between the glibc headers and the linux headers.  (You really want them
to report the same SIGNAME for things)

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!