Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
Michael Gruetzner wrote:

I've got a Pentium4 mPGA478 and I'd like to enable hyperthreading. The output of dmesg tells me, that hyperthreading is disabled and smp motherboard not found. My motherboard is a Fujitsu-Siemens D1527 with hyperthreading support. According to /proc/cpuinfo the cpu should also support hyperthreading(the ht flag is set).
What do I have to do to enable hyperthreading?

Don't know about your particular board, but usually you have to enable HT somewhere below OS level. It'll either be a BIOS option or (less likely) a jumper on the motherboard somewhere -- don't know if you have the motherboard manual? Once you've done that you should see two virtual CPUs in /proc/cpuinfo.

I also heard about that and so I looked in my Bios(Phoenix) but I couldn't find such an option.

Michael

HTH,

--
/* Binary compatibility is good American knowhow fuckin' up. */
        2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/arch/sparc/kernel/sunos_ioctl.c