> Hi! :)
>
> Is it easy to install Blackbox on a Gentoo system? Is it more
> stable and faster than KDE? Do you suggest me any other GUI?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michel

Hi,
   Very similar to Blackbox is fluxbox which I use very happily. 'emerge
fluxbox' and 10 minutes later you're running. It's very stable and very
simple. As my Linux usage is in the area of audio recording, I especially
appreciate that fluxbox runs very few processes by default.

   fluxbox provides 'the slit' which is a small area to place docking apps,
I can dock a number of things there, can auto hide them if I choose, etc.
It's nice, simple and fast.

   These simplified environments are far simpler and more stable that either
Gnome or KDE in my opinion. If you're looking for desktop icons you will
need to do some work. fluxbox operates primarily from a desktop drive mouse
based menu.

Good luck,
Mark