Hi there

I'm checking out the adelie clustering code. But I have found a problem. Is
the adelie code up to date? If so, I have missed something, otherwise...

If I boot a node with gentoo=adelie boot parameter a couple of things
happend:

In /sbin/rc line 198, it detects boot parameter "adelie", and then tries to
write the /proc/sys/kernel/hostname to a ${svcdir}/hostname file.
Here it botches since the ${svcdir} is /var/lib/init.d nowadays, which in
the adelie setup is supposed to be mounted read only from NFS, until later
when it is switched to a tmpfs space by the init_node() function call.

A while back svcdir was always on tmpfs since boot, am I right? hasn't
svcdir been moved to physical storage /var/lib/init.d from /mnt/.init.d a
while back, and tsvcdir added to allow a tmpfs mountpoint for temp service
and dependency data?

Since the adelie replication of /var /tmp /etc /root in tmpfs space hasn't
happened yet, shouldn't the adelie code try to write the hostname given by
the dhcp server to some other location, a temporary location, as I think
was intended from the beginning?

Because, even if I flag gentoo=tmpfs as well, the adelie code will still
try to write to ${svcdir}/hostname instead of to tsvcdir, so that wouldn't
help, now would it?

I'm very greatful for any ideas as to how I might get around this. Am I
just missing something, or is the code outdated?

Thanks
Jimmy