It depends on the amount of data you have.  Hard drives and tapes can backup
a lot of data.  However, for a home user you probably aren't backing up that
much.  For ease of ue take a look at using a CDR or CDRW.  If you have more
than fits on one CD then split you backups up to use more CDs.  You can also
backup to another system's hard drive if you have space (which yoiu indicate
you don't) but sooner or later that should be backed up to another media.

--

Brett I. Holcomb
AKA Grunt <><