My ISP provide me with a 20meg filespace that I make use of regularly. I
compress, encrypt and upload to it nightly.

Not a lot of room... but perfect for important config data, etc. It also has
the advantage of being accessable where ever and when ever I'm near an
internet hookup...

For larger datasets... ATA Hard drives have never been cheaper. Either go
external via usb or firewire or invest in removable drive mounts... It's the
cheapest way possible, that I know of, to backup 100's of gigs of data
quickly.

> > Hi list!
> >
> > What is better to use for backups at home - CD-Rs, CD-RWs, another
> > harddrive or something else?
> >
> > The standard way is to use tapes, but they are way too expensive for a
> > home desktop system. Harddrives are also not that good, because I want to
> > backup a harddrive in the first place, and anyway my system is already
> > full so I'd have to swap harddrives or buy an external one for backup.
> > And that is not really cheap also.
> >
> > So what do you suggest? How and how often do you make backups?
> >

> > Regards,
> > Renat

                     Registered Linux User Number 185956
          http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&group=linux
This email account no longers accepts attachments or messages containing html.
    11:09pm  up 30 days,  9:07,  4 users,  load average: 2.87, 2.65, 2.08