On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:07:58 +0000
Andrea Bergia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Alle Tuesday 05 August 2003 13:06, Collins Richey ha scritto:
> > The current oppenoffice-bin builds run almost as fast as those
> > compiled from source, so for me it's not worth 10+ hours
> > of compiling.
>
> Are you sure it does? OpenOffice is really slow, but if it takes so
> much time to build, let's download a prebuilt version (at least for a
> release candidate!

I just removed my hand compiled version and upgraded to the latest
available -bin ebuild, and I notice no difference in speed starting or
in operation.  In the past there was a big difference, but oo has
obviously made some improvements in their product.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the