On August 12, 2003 02:28 pm, Ewald Geschwinde wrote:
> I don't have a system yet this is when I insert the cd and want to
> install the gentoo cd's
>
> I'm not new to linux but I have not done any of the bootloader things
> before I have the gentoo screen after booting from cd where I can select
> the kernel and then it tries to boot and teh I'm in a shell or something
> else

Ahhh. In that case, please check the boot options for the standard Gentoo
kernel, as documented in:

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-install.xml

Note the doscsi boot option (which presumably is not enabled per default, as
it breaks some ethernet cards.)

HTH,
Brian

--
Absence diminishes mediocre passions and increases great ones,
as the wind blows out candles and fans fires.