Brian Richardson wrote:

On August 12, 2003 02:51 pm, Ewald Geschwinde wrote:

Now I'm stuck with that:

Beginning storage detection
detected aic7xxx hardware
scanning for aic7xxx_old ...

and this runs for about 7 minutes
does this takes so long or am i facing a bigger problem??

starting with:
gentoo doscsi

It appears you may need to just manually load the module from the shell prompt, and not start with doscsi. (ie. don't enter any boot options)

At the command prompt, do

# modprobe aic7xxx

as the example shows in the installation guide. If this doesn't solve your problem, I'm afraid I'm fresh out of ideas :(

HTH,
Brian

does not solve my problem
it scans for the scsi device (cd-rom and writer) and goes into a loop.

But that's no problem I'm looking at gentoo cause of a production implementatino on a flash rom
and there are no scsi devices only many serial devices are attached
I think with this it should be no problem to deal with

Thanks for your help
Regards Ewald Geschwinde