Hi Robert,

Am Dienstag, 5. August 2003 21:56 schrieb Robert Kruus:
> But how often would you want to update all the packages on your system?
> Look at the output of emerge --depclean -p to see how many packages are
> installed.
> The emerge --deep -upv  takes care of  most those files not listed in
> the world file but needed by installed packages.  The emerge -e can be used
> to update all the dependencies of a given package if you want to do that.
>  And finally, the emerge -upv (qpkg -I -nc) takes care of all the installed
> packages. It really just depends how much time you want to spend with your
> computer recompiling things that aren't broken/up to date......

I get it now! The description of depclean was the information I needed. The
worldfile are only contain the packages are explizit installed. But
nevertheless, their should be an option to scan the world file recursive.

e.g. There is package called A which have a critical bug and is not listed in
the world file. Moreover it doesn't belongs to a package in the world file.

This package will never be updated unless you do it explicitly.

If I'am wrong please correct me!

/CrPy