On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:11:02 -0500
Richard Kilgore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 03:15:55PM -0400, rh wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Just finished emerge'ing openoffice (24 hours later!!) and it
> > is slower than death. It can take sometimes 5-10 seconds just
> > to open the menus. Does anybody else have this problem? And did
> > you manage to correct it? I thought compiling the source would
> > be faster than the -bin files but I guess not.
>
> Something must have gone wrong.  On my system, it is faster when
> I compile it for myself (I have a dual athlon system running at
> 1.5 GHz).  Did you pipe emerge output to a file for scrutiny?
>
>     - richard

No idea what is wrong.  FYI, I just switched over to the latest -bin
package, and I find no speed difference in comparison to my hand-
compiled version.  It used to make a really big difference.  Just go
ahead and emerge the -bin package.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the