On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:21:47 +0300
Theofilos Intzoglou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi rh!
>
> I remember that if I try to start ooffice when my [EMAIL PROTECTED] program
> is already running with nice 19 using all available cpu, ooffice took
> about a minute to start giving me an empty window! Switching between
> open windows would make the window of ooffice appear transparent/empty
> and it was like it had frozen. However when I am not running
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ooffice starts within 10secs and all is running quite fast
> on my Athlon XP 1700+. And yes I'm using the bin package as I don't have
> the patience to wait for 12hours+ for a program to emerge just to see
> that after 10 hours of compiling it stopped with an error(yes this
> happened to me) :-) So I 'd suggest you checked if a particular program
> that you run would cause ooffice to act weird.

Well, that was exactly the problem...I had setiathome running in the background and as
soon as I killed it , openoffice works fine. I wish I had of discovered this before I
un-emerged openoffice and emerged openoffice-bin. Is there a particular setting I can
have setiathome running and still get good response from openoffice?