Jason Stubbs wrote:

> > * The console lost the | character, no matter how hard I hammer on
> >   that key on my Japanese 106 keyboard. Works fine in X, though.
>
> Exactly the same deal here. It's frustrating, isn't it?

Well, yes it is. And I don't have the foggiest what could be causing
this. I'll try to fiddle with keymap settings for the console, but
rc.conf already knows about jp106...

> I get several errors about modules, including some from cardmgr.
> However, as with you, everything is working fine so I haven't taken
> the time to find the source yet.

Is there a log for all these error messages, by the way? dmesg
doesn't record any of this, all I see is output to stout, but it's
scrolling past the screen at a tremendous pace, and I don't really feel
like booting a few dozen times and trying to take notes.

> > * My jogdial (really a wheel in the touchpad) has finally started to
> >   ackknowledge it's a middle mouse button! I can now paste
> >   highlighted text by pressing on that wheel - but of course
> >   sjogdial comes up, too...
>
> That's a good thing, right?

Of course. It's just that in order to keep my sanity I'll have to
disable sjogdial now... *grin*

Cheers
Ulrich Plate