Jason Stubbs wrote:

> The best I've found is grepping /var/log/everything/current for
> modprobe. Of course, that only includes info of what modules errors
> happened after the kernel logger starts. It's not too informative
> either, but maybe a starting point.

True. But even though I've added metalog to my boot runlevel, it still
doesn't get a chance to record the earlier errors (like st, ide_tape,
ide_probe_mod and I don't know what else).

My biggest problem is to separate the "real" errors from the ones
triggered by that stupid devfs/baselayout/module-init-tools/modules.conf
bug that's been loitering on my systems for weeks now. Don't even know
if it's a bug or not, but it sure is bugging me...

Cheers
Ulrich Plate