On Friday, 22 August 2003, at 1:16 am, Owen Gunden wrote:

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 08:51:11PM +0100, Stroller wrote:
My first question is: is it possible to have apache return requests for
stuff.stroller.uk.eu.org with /home/httpd/htdocs/stuff/index.html ? Is
it possible to do this automagically for all foo.stroller.uk.eu.org
bar.stroller.uk.eu.org & grunt.stroller.uk.eu.org ??

Yes. For this you want to do some reading on name-based virtual hosts. I
suggest [1]. There is probably an example in
/etc/apache2/conf/vhosts/vhosts.conf (make sure this file is included by
/etc/apache2/conf/apache2.conf).

Secondly...

Many thanks - I'll take a look at the resources you mention. For others who are interested, I've already found that this page http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/ssi.html clarified muchly for me the concept of server-side includes.

Stroller.