On Friday 22 August 2003 21:42, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
> Scharf Yuval wrote:
> > DMA is enabled.
> > I've just checked again that it is connected to the sound card.
>
> Are you low on memory? It could be that the HD activity is the system
> doing a lot of memory swapping. Everything freezes for a second when
> there is heavy swapping.

Is is possible there is a mm app trying to grab the attention of the sound
card?  Maybe arts, esd or such?  Have to admit to be guessing, because I
believe you are correct in what you say.  The cd player should say "Please
send this cd along that cable to the sound card." and it happen without much
'thought'.

--
Tom Wesley