On 27 Aug 2003 03:15:12 -0500
Owen Ford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If he is using dhcp he very well might have to change those hosts
> listings very frequently.  I don't have a good solution either ;)

does the router have the ability to assign certain host numbers to
certain mac addresses? i mean, of couse it has the ability, but can
you configure how it assigns them (i've never used a linksys)? if so
you could do that and then write the same information into /etc/hosts.
not pretty, but it worked for my very static lan.

or, you could take the holistic approach: i'm probably going to be
given the same address i was given last time, for now till the end
of time, so it will all work out if i just write that in /etc/hosts! :)

j.