On Wednesday 27 August 2003 11:09, Pupeno wrote:
> I'm having total and random freezes... The mouse pointer disappear, the
> keyboard doesn't do anything (not even pressing Caps Lock turns the light
> on or off), can anybody give me any clue of where can I start looking for
> the problem ?
> Thank you.

I assume you are using X (Gnome / KDE / etc.).  My system used to kernel
panic then halt and while in X I would not see that the system did.  I only
noticed the kernel panic and halt while working at the console one day.
After I saw it, I ran memtest86 and found I had some bad memory.  Boot off
the LiveCD and run memtest86 (it is a boot option).