Am Mittwoch, 27. August 2003 20:19 schrieb Vincent van de Camp:
> OK, I've had partial success. As it turns out (after a four hour power
> outage due to some heavy storms in the area), the <Location /> was set
> to Deny all and then Allow all, in that order. After I'd changed that, I
> was able to print from one computer to the print server, but only using
> the kde-print manager, as was suggested.
> However, as said, I don't use kde, and I don't want to depend on that.
> There has to be a way to just foomatic my way to the other computer. But
> alas, I haven't found one yet. How would I set up the "-c" part of the
> foomatic statement? lpd? http? ipp? Now that I know my printserver is
> reachable, I know it can be done, just not exactly how...

Hmmm, just another thought. Have you browsing activated in cupsd.conf? I have
this in my cupsd.conf on my printserver:
Browsing On
BrowseProtocols CUPS
BrowsePort 631
BrowseInterval 30
BrowseAddress 192.168.6.255
BrowseOrder allow,deny

On my remote machines there is:
Browsing On
BrowseProtocols CUPS
BrowsePort 631

No printersetup was necessary on any client. The server "broadcasts" his
printers to the net, the clients autodetect them. Page setup is done on the
server.

HTH
Michael