Hi,
   Isn't qpkg -q supposed to show me the installed packages that depend on
the package I list in the command? I think I must be misunderstanding the
man page, but that's what I read.

   I emerged Rosegarden last night on one of my studio machines. The emerge
went fine and the program is running, but the process threw me for a bit of
a loop. I'll show results from two different machines to demonstrate the
question. Both machines are updated as of last night for ~x86 and their USE
flags are identical. (And pretty boring...)

   When I asked the studio machine to install Rosegarden, it emerged
kdemultimedia. (Shown just below on machine 'Gentoo2 which doesn't have RG
emerged yet.) I was a bit surprised this was necessary, but let it proceed.

   On Wizard, the machine that actually has Rosegarden, I ran qpkg -q to see
what packages depend on kdemultimedia. It does not show me Rosegarden, even
though RG is installed.

   Maybe I'm using the wrong qpkg option? I want to see what packages would
break if I uninstalled kdemultimedia.

Thanks,
Mark

bash-2.05b$ su -
Password:
Gentoo2 root # emerge --deep --update -p rosegarden

Calculating dependencies ...done!

<SNIP>
[ebuild  N    ] x11-libs/openmotif-2.2.2-r2
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdemultimedia-3.1.3
[ebuild  N    ] media-sound/rosegarden-4.0.9

Gentoo2 root #

Wizard root # qpkg -q kdemultimedia
kde-base/kdemultimedia-3.1.3 *
DEPENDED ON BY: