Hi,

On Sunday 31 August 2003 20:18, McIntyres wrote:
> Just as a matter of intrest, I'm considering using JFS on my next Gentoo
> setup I was wondering if anyone has any idea about its performance
> compared to say reiserfs or ext3, I want to avoid XFS as it has only IDE
> hard disks and no backup power supply.

I did not read any bad news for jfs in the last couple of mounth, so it should
be a safe setup. I do not know its performance advantages/disadvantages, but
IMHO with a modern harddisk, the differences between the journaling fs are
only marginal.

I would not try ext3fs. There were a lot of ext3-bugs on lkml in the same
time, I never saw jfs related problems. I think, ext3 needs some additional
bug-sqashing and testing before considering it for a stable environment.

Glück Auf
Volker
--
Conclusions
 In a straight-up fight, the Empire squashes the Federation like a bug. Even