[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I'm installing a new computer, but after running grub i can't find a
> grub.conf in my /boot/grub directory. I have run it several times now,
> but never is there a conf file created and also no errors occur.

According to the install docs [1] this is normal, you have to create
config file yourself. Without this file, you can enter the necessary
commands (like root (hd0,0), kernel /linux-2.4.20 root=/dev/hda3,
boot) at the grub prompt, but a menu makes life easier :)

If you have a /boot partition, be sure to use /grub as grub directory,
not /boot/grub, unless you have a boot -> . link in this partition.

[1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-install.xml#doc_chap23

        Alex
--
  Alex Schuster     [EMAIL PROTECTED]             PGP Key available
                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]