On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 22:15:55 -0400
Ernie Schroder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > But not necessarily all the related hardware.  I'm using the nvidia
> > drivers, but they crap out big time if I enable AGP, so I have to
> > run with AGP disabled.
>
> In My experience the AGP problem has a lot to do with your chipset. I
> couldn't run AGP on either of my VIA based boards. Switching over to
> an Nforce2 based board made the GeForce4 TI4200 ROCK! Glxgears runs
> at >6000 frames/second. Are you running a VIA chipset?

Yes, of course.  But my attitude: if the standard X drivers can run this
card with AGP on this chipset, why can't nvidia?  I'm really not
interested in swapping motherboards just because the software can't cut
it, most especially since I'm not a gamer.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the