Chris I wrote:

On 2003.09.05 02:36, Christian Herzyk wrote:

Hello all,
I tried to run mirc yesterday. It installed without problems, Menus and pulldowns look good. It connects all right, but in the server window (and in all other chat windows) I cannot read a word.
Everything is in a strange script looking vagely like arabic.

Any hints what I can do?

Sounds like a font problem, or possibly a localization problem, but why mess with wine when you can use x-chat, or one of the many other excellent native clients?

I guess you are right about the source of my profile. I think I read about this problem some time ago somewhere but couldn't find it using google.

The point I want to use Mirc is that it simply is the best client I know of.
The only linux client that comes close in functionality isr kvirc and with that I have some issues using dcc.

Greetings

Christian