On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 01:58, Kees Bergwerf wrote:
> I posted an answer in this list, I am SURE that is was sent to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] because I only sent 1 message and that I can read in
> this list.
> But I received an email message from mister Baxter, that I should confirm that
> I sent him a message.
> I am quite pissed about that!!
> Mail from the list should pass his security program or whatever, but please
> don't send everybody that writes in this list, that kind of email!
>
> oh yes, of course this will trigger another response from baxter.... ;-)

This will always be a problem with challenge-response systems, they're a
major nuisance around mailing lists. I recently moved a list onto a new
host, it would've been a smooth transition except for about 30 challenge
response users which didn't like it and had to be kicked off the list.

If it's a reasonably well written system you won't see another response
straight away, it will probably wait a few days for the first one to
expire before sending another.

Challenge-response isn't just a nuisance, it's worse, it's spam. Anyone
using C/R is stealing your resources to cure their spam problem in the
same way that spammers steal your resources to cure their advertising
problem.

</rant>

You found one of my pet hates, I couldn't resist :)

--
Yorkshire Dave
Custom rule generator for SpamAssassin.

top-posters will be tarred and feathered!

Scanned by MailScanner at wot.no-ip.com