Hi Collins,

Thanks for your response.

I am testing Gentoo 1.4 on a Intel P-II PC, running software RAID-0.
Because Gentoo 1.4 could not detect the RAID controller, I continued the
installation on the drive connected to bus0

I extracted Stage2 tarballs.  Whether I need to extract Stage1
tarballs.  If YES, Kindly advise how to format all partitions removing
all files completely for fresh installation instead of repartitioning
the drive.

Thanks in advance.

B.Regards
Stephen