Thanks for the responses everyone.

Because I'm new I would like to stick with Genkernel for now. And by the way I only
have Kernel
2.4 and 2.5...NO 2.6????

During the Intial install I just typed genkernel and it did everything for me.

What do I need to do now that I have 2 different kernel sources? Sorry, about this...
I'm new and
doing anything with the kernel right now is out of my league for the time being.. :D

Assuming that I'm using Genkernel to install the newly downloaded kernel what exactly
am a typing
at the command line???

Thanks,