I tried to test a server by telnetting to its appropriate port today to find that `telnet`is not installed on my system. I do not know if I've tried to use it on Gentoo before, so tried to find it using the `locate` command.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] stroller $ locate telnet | grep bin
/usr/bin/ktelnet
/usr/sbin/ktelnetd
[EMAIL PROTECTED] stroller $ qpkg -i /usr/sbin/ktelnet
[EMAIL PROTECTED] stroller $ qpkg -i /usr/sbin/ktelnetd
[EMAIL PROTECTED] stroller $ grep telnet /var/cache/edb/world
[EMAIL PROTECTED] stroller $

Are these results normal..? Am I using `qpkg` incorrectly..?

I find that `ktelnet`is a CLI telnet app (I do not have KDE installed on this system), and presumably ktelnetd is correspondingly a daemon, but I have no idea how they got there - I always ssh into this system. Is it possible I've been hacked..? ktelnetd does not _seem_ to be running.

Stroller.