Hot Diggety! Stroller was rumored to have written:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] stroller $ qpkg -f /usr/bin/ktelnet
> app-crypt/krb5 *
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] stroller $ qpkg -f /usr/bin/ktelnetd
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] stroller $
>
> Two questions remain:
> - Why does app-crypt/krb5 (kerberos?) rely on what appears to be a
> telnet app..?

It's kind of the other way around ;)

It's saying that ktelnet is a part of the krb5 ebuild.

That is, ktelnet is a special version of telnet that has been Kerberized
(yes, you're right, Kerberos stuff) where it passes along Kerberos tickets
to the local ktgt server and stuff to avoid needing to send passwords in
cleartext, only ticket-granting tickets (TGTs). Nifty technology, but of no
use if you don't have a Kerberos realm running either locally or remotely.

If you don't use Kerberos, chances are pretty good you probably don't need
that stuff at all and could likely safely unmerge it.

> - Where has /usr/bin/ktelnetd come from, and why doesn't qpkg show me..?

Could it be /usr/sbin/ktelnetd by any chance?

-Dan