I have an A7N8X Deluxe motherboard with built in Sil3112a serial ata
controller and a Seagate Barracuda serial ata harddisk. I'm getting random, or
semi-random system lockups. The lockups happen more when the system is under
load. This is documented well on sites like http://www.nforcershq.com
I also do not get a harddrive led (for activity).
I have tried all the fixes I can find in the archives.
the:
 echo max_kb_per_request:15 > /proc/ide/hde/settings

hdparm -X66 -d1 /dev/hde

and I still get the lockups. All the discusion I can find about this issue is
2 months old did I miss the fix?

I'm assumeing (hopeing) that this is going to be fixed or has been fixed in a
new kernel. I'm using gs-sources 2.4.22_pre2.

My questions are:

If you have the same or similar settup to me how are you doing?

How can I tell which version of the sil3112a driver the kernel I'm using has?

If I can find a new sil3112 driver, can I patch the gs-sources kernel or do I
have to go vanilla?

Any good sites to find more info?

thanks