On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, raptor wrote:

> how do u do mail-server migration..
> I mean changing the machine (and the IP)..
> I mean migration in such a way that all users emails
> are preserved and there is no interuption in the service...!?!
> I'm with postfix.

What are the details of the server?
Will the old and new be identical, other than hardware?
What services other than postfix are on the server?
What type of mailboxes are you using?
Are the mailboxes on the mail server or a different machine?
Do you have local (real) users or virtual users?

This should be a good start.  I've done a mail server migration  (qmail to
postfix w/maildir, local users) without any problem.

--
Marshal Newrock, unemployed Linux user in Lansing, MI
Caution: Product will be hot after heating