Jean Magnan de Bornier wrote:

I want to make a network with two gentoo machines at home, I don't know what is needed.Could someone point me to some HOWTO?

OK I will be more specific: I just want to transfer files from my pc to
my laptop, or make backups of one on the other. I have tried to do that
with a cable (rj45 as it's called in France) connecting them, but then I
could figure out what to do. There is some utility in KDE but I could not
make it work
This is why I believe I need a howto; I am currently reading the NET-HOWTO
but any other advice will be welcome
Thx all,

At first you have to make network connection between
PCs to work, but you still didn't say if it works or not.
So, can you ping to other PC?

noro