Am Freitag, 19. September 2003 10:56 schrieb Gour:
> First I was just getting "VFS: cannot open root device ..", but after
> recompiling kernel and enabling "Automatically mount at boot" option
> under Filesystems menu, I was able to boot, but there are bunch of errors
> and fstab is not properly processed.

Nice to see that one of my suggestions was correct :-)

OK, what errors are you getting, now? A short guess again: From your
previous mails I know that you're using reiserfs, did you compile reiserfs
support into your kernel (as module should be fine, since it is loaded from
the initrd's linuxrc)? If not, do so and recreate your initrd.

> So, my question is if someone can share his/her experience in putting
> root partition on EVMS2 under Gentoo?

Yep, that's me :-)

Bye...

        Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)151 1513 6954
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 47068 111