On Friday 19 September 2003 06:38 pm, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
> On Friday 19 September 2003 16:12, Ernie Schroder wrote:
> > I've gotten my new kernel (gentoo-siurces-2.4.20-r7) running but
> > I can't get X to start. I've tried several versions of the
> > nvidia-kernel and nvidia-glx but startx gives me a blank screen
> > and a completely hung box.
>
> try 2.4.22-aa. aa-sources are well behaving.
>
> >     I booted back to the old kernel and startx fails there, telling
> > me that it can't find the nvidia module. modprobe nvidia says
> > nvidia.o not found. Re-emerging the kernel and glx pkgs doesn't
> > help. Ideas?
>
> Points the linux-symlink to the correct linux-sources?
> If not, the module gets installed in the wrong directory, and is
> not found the next time.
>
> Additionally you should run modules-update after emerging
> nvidia-kernel.
>
> Glück Auf
> Volker

Yes the symlink is pointing to r7 after moving it several times. Now
I'm getting missing script errors if I try to rebuild the r1 version
I tried copying the scripts dir from r7 to r1 but that didn't work. I
can't even build the nvidia drivers on the r1 kernel
--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free