On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

> I use postfix and finding documentation on this is scattered at best and
> useless in most cases at worst.  So far, I have not succeeded.  I have been
> trying to configure amavis (not the -new version since it is masked!) but so
> far to no avail.  Postfix seems to hang (email blackhole) and no ports
> (10024 or 10025 ever are opened).

Have you read the filter howto (in /usr/share/doc/postfix*)?  It details
how to set up both simple and advanced filters.  It looks like advanced is
what you want.  As far as amavis and clamav, I haven't used those.

If you're still having problems, post the mail log entries you get when
you try to send mail.  Postfix does work without the content filter set,
right?

--
Marshal Newrock, unemployed Linux user in Lansing, MI
Caution: Product will be hot after heating