On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 02:22:10PM +0100, Dane Elwell wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:17:06 +0200
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I'm currently doing a stage1 installation on a 486 with 20MB of RAM. And
> > I'm happy for those last 4MB of RAM, bringing it up from "standard" 16MB to
> > 20MB. :-)

Hehe I'd have to agree.

When I installed gentoo on a similar box, I found it was much better
to put the hard drive in a faster computer and do the install there.
As long as the make.conf and flags and stuff are set correctly for the
box it's going to end up in it should work fine.

Would this be an option for you?  Or are you compiling on the 486 just
for the sheer unadultarated hell of it :-)

--
Tom Eastman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

GnuPG Key:   42128603
Fingerprint: 6AF7 BB45 ABEE 9A33 9F9C