On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I was wondering how or where it is possible to bump up the console
> resolution.  Mine is currently stuck at 640x480 although all nessecary
> hardware support has been compiled into the kernel.

Two options I can think of:
There's a program called SVGATextMode (not in portage) which can change
the console size after boot.

I have "Video Mode Selection Support" (although not framebuffer support)
compiled into my kernel, and choose the video mode with vga=xxx.  At
first, set it to "vga=ask".  Then, at the prompt, type "scan".  After a
few minutes, you'll have a list of available modes and numbers for them.

--
Marshal Newrock, unemployed Linux user in Lansing, MI
Caution: Product will be hot after heating