On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 13:27:14 -0400
"Monah Baki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks all for helping,
>
> As of now, if I save my .mov file to my harddrive, and used gmplyer I can
> watch the movie, but I noticed a little lag. However if I use mplayer, or the
> web (quicktime.apple.com) for the trailer, I get the greenish background.
> Also, after running the movie twice in a row, mplayer crashed on me.
>
> Mplayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_video
> - Mplayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM
> recompile mplayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
> disassembly.- Mplayer crashed. It can be a bug in the Mplayer code _or_ in
> your drivers _or_ in your gcc version.
>
> I ran it a second time, same error message.
>
> I have 256MB ram, 500Mhz and a VIA PLE133 (trident blade 3d) I couldn't find
> via in my xf86config card database section.
>
> Any suggestions
>
> I'm using mplayer-0.91 and mplayerplug-in-0.80, thanks to Collins for pointing
> that out.

Just a wild ass guess - gnome.  I found MozillaFirebird to exhibit signs of
instability running under gnome - notably keying in fields, MF would not accept
any input.  Restart of MF usually cured it.

I normally run xfce4, and I have no problems.

Maybe you could try another window/desktop manager?

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the