On Monday 29 September 2003 09:00 pm, Stephen Boulet wrote:
> I don't know if my problems are compiler related. Two things that don't
> compile for me are licq, patch, dvipdfm (using        sys-devel/gcc-3.3.1-r4).

"emerge --emptytree patch" failed on coreutils, but I ran a regenworld,
emerged the a few new things that were added, and then coreutils emerged, as
did patch.

dvipdfm still does not emerge, however:

<<
checking whether you have kpathsea headers and they whether they know about
the required file formats... no
configure: error: PS_HEADER and/or VF formats not found in Kpathsea header
files.

This version of dvipdfm requires that kpathsea and its headers be installed.
If you are sure they are installed and in a standard place, maybe you need a
newer version of kpathsea?  You also might try setting the environment
variable CPPFLAGS (or CFLAGS) with -I pointing to the directory containing
the file tex-file.h

I do have /usr/include/kpathsea/tex-file.h as part of tetex-2.0.2-r1, so ...

Stephen