On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 20:01:41 -0800
Walther The Writer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have an about 7 GB for Gentoo Linux allocated. How many partitions
> do you people have for your Linux installation, what directories mounted
> and what your suggestions on partition's size. Thanks.
>
> Walther.

Should be plenty for most things, unless you try an openoffice emerge (needs
3-4gig temp space).  I have about 5.2 gig in use in the root system (both gnome
and kde and numerous other biggies) and .5 gig in a separate /home filesystem.
/home is a good candidate for a separate fs, especially if you like to collect
lots of photos or mp3 files.  Other than that, whatever you like.  My usage
would rise to 5.5gig or more, except that I keep /usr/portage/distfiles and
/var/tmp/portage cleaned out on a regular basis.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the