I suppose u need the extra storage, but why don't you convert the windoze box to gentoo and use it as print and fileserver?
I use an old PII 300Mhz as NFS, samba (both PDC and plain fileserver) and USB print-server (for my Epson Stylus C82), it works like a charm!

/Andreas

Matt Neimeyer wrote:

Hey All,

I've currently got an old Pentium box serving as an NFS, AppleTalk and
Samba file server and another old windows box set up as a print server
for a USB connected HP deskjet (the office color printer). My goal is
something like the Gallantry GW500 that we use for our web/mail server
but I can't find those for sale anywhere anymore.

Can anyone recommend anything off the shelf that won't break the bank?
Everything I've been able to find doesn't support NFS or Appletalk (not
a biggie for appletalk) or doesn't support USB printers.

Given the right hardware form factor I am more than willing to rebuild
the OS with Gentoo like I did with the Gallantry.

Thanks!

Matt