> I suppose u need the extra storage, but why don't you convert the
> windoze box to gentoo and use it as print and fileserver?
> I use an old PII 300Mhz as NFS, samba (both PDC and plain fileserver)
> and USB print-server (for my Epson Stylus C82), it works like a charm!

The major reason I'm looking  is size. I want something very small, I've
been informed by the "powers that be" that I need to clear up some space
for other projects. The advantage to NAS devices is that they are all
much smaller than PCs

I have looked at the boxes offered by littlepc.com and might end up
going with something there... (Unless anyone knows of other good "small"
sites)

Thanks

Matt