Hi,

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 07:56, Andrej Kacian wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 06:36:02 +0800
>
> William Kenworthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Does "seem" faster, despite the flags filter.  Not definitive, I
> > know, but I "believe" I am better off with it compiled.
>
> Yes, I get the same impression. It even seems to start faster, which is
> flaw I find most annoying in OO.org.
>
> And besides, it feels better to have a "clean" compiled application than to
> have ugly binary built by someone else. :>

I am using the bin of OOo 1.1, because some of the rc's didn't compiled with
gcc 3.3.1.

ooffice starts under kde3.1.4 with a xawdecode window and kmail open in 10
seconds (I stopped it with wristwatch). That is ok for me. I usually don't
use OOo, the hours of compiling are not worth to have it start two or three
seconds faster the two times a  month I open it.

Glück Auf
Volker

--
Conclusions
 In a straight-up fight, the Empire squashes the Federation like a bug. Even