Hi Barry,

Thanks for your advice.

You come in the right time, saving me from prolonged testing

This sequence is for my setup; you'll have to pass options to
grub relative to where your stuff is:

root (hd1,0)
kernel (hd1,0)/boot/kernel-2.4.20-gentoo-r7 root=/dev/hdb3
initrd (hd1,0)/boot/initrd-2.4.20-gentoo-r7
boot

grub> root (hd0,0)

grub> kernel (hd0,0)/boot/kernel-2.4.20-gentoo-r7  root=/dev/hde3
[Linux-bzImage, setup=0x1400, size=0x10b2ff]

grub> initrd (hd0,0)/boot/initrd-2.4.20-gentoo-r7
[Linux-initrd @ 0x17edf000, 0x10c8ff bytes]

OS starts.

Lot of thanks

B.R.