begin  quote
On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:46:00 +0100
Peter Lord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I would like to try out the NPTL thread package with Gentoo, but I
> have
> some questions :-
>
>    1. Anyone know of a NPTL FAQ ?
I think google has a few...

>    2.  From the forums, it looks like I need 2.5 or 2.6 kernel.  Is
>    this  right ?  I thought redhat 9 was using 2.4 with NPTL
Correct. You'll need 2.6.  then rebuild glibc with nptl in USE. (I think
the right glibc version is hard masked too, just to make it even more
exciting)

Reason, I think RedHat has two different Glibc compiles in their
pacckage, one for kernels with nptl and one for others. Their 2.4 kernel
is also patched with nptl support.

>    3. I also use a couple of other kenerl patches - notably win4lin.
>       Anyone know if this will work with 2.6 ?

Doubtly. :/

//Spider
--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!