<quote who="Ian Truelsen">
> Great minds think alike. That is the board that I bought today.
> Installed without a hitch and gets 3D accel right out of the box. The

Congrats ;-)

> only problem that I have is that it does not see to like the frame
> buffer modes from grub. I had vga=794 in my grub line, which worked fine
> for my Voodoo3, but results in a blank black screen for the nVidia.
>
> I enabled the frambuffer setup in the kernel, but the only option that I
> saw there was for the riva, which I enabled but doesn't seem to get the
> proper functionality.

That's your problem right there.  Do not use graphics card specific
options in kernel.  Disable riva and enable vesafb.

> Are you able to use fb modes from grub? If so, could you pass along the
> options that you selected in the fb kernel config section? I would be
> very appreciative.

Here's what I use.

title Gentoo GNU/Linux (2.6.x)
root (hd0,0)
kernel (hd0,0)/boot/bzImage root=/dev/hda3 hdd=scsi video=vesa:ywrap,mtrr
vga=0x31B idebus=66

Don't forget to uncomment the following line in /etc/modules.d/nvidia.  Oh
and post your glxgears figure together with kernel version just for
comparison :-)

options nvidia NVreg_EnableAGPSBA=1 NVreg_EnableAGPFW=1

Good luck.
Dhruba.